Saturday, February 24, 2007

This is scary

So....I'm always telling my friends how I think the DVR is one of the best inventions ever and how much it has changed my life. It's a major time saver when I can fast forward thru commercials and I can stop it and do dishes or take a phone call, and pick right back up where I left off. I also love how I can rewind if I miss something. I guess until this morning, I didn't realize just how much this little machine has seeped into my consciousness. Out of the corner of my eye, I thought I saw my cat doing something cute, and my first thought was to grab the remote and rewind it so I could catch the whole thing. Weird, huh?

Speaking of the cat, things are going okay. She still keeps to herself a lot, but she is hiding less and less. The relationship is still mostly on her terms. She has to be the one to approach me when she gets ready. If I approach her, she runs. But, the good news is that she is approaching more and more. The thing I do like is how cats are so much easier than dogs. I spend about one minute a day cleaning the cat box and I put a little food out and everything is good. This week when the gate nearly fell off my back fence, I didn't have to worry about a dog escaping. I can come home late or go away for a weekend and everything is good. I still miss having a dog and still feel a little like I've settled by getting a cat, but the cat seems to fit into my lifestyle at the moment, so I think we'll make it work. I was considering trading her in for one of my nephew's more friendly cats, but as I thought about it, I realized maybe I have bonded with Scully a little and I decided to keep her.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara Z. said...

I totally want to rewind everything now.

9:15 AM, February 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?