Sunday, February 11, 2007

The Grammys

I don't usually watch the Grammys, but I did tonight because I actually had the good fortune of meeting a Grammy nominee this week, and I had to see if he made it on the show. Thru my work, I met the lead singer of DeVotchka. They are a local band who did most of the music for the movie Little Miss Sunshine. They didn't win the award, and I don't think that category even made it on the show, but I'm glad I watched anyway. I thought all of the performances were really, really good. And how about that Carrie Underwood. I'm not particularly a country fan, but she and Rascal Flats did an incredible job. Also, I learned something about a lot of R&B artists that were really good, who I really didn't know much about before.

Now, for the bad part. What was up with their acceptance speeches? I didn't hear one speech that even sounded articulate. The worst of the night had to be The Dixie Chicks. (And we had to hear them four times.) They were just plain goofy...and not in a good way. Aren't many of these people supposed to be writers? You'd think they could write a decent thirty second acceptance speech. I'm just glad that so many of the awards were awarded before the show so we weren't subjected to anymore meaningless ramblings.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara Z. said...

I know. The Dixies seemed completely unprepared to be in front of a microphone (except for the singing.) I was really impressed with Carrie U., too, even though the season she won American Idol I was rooting for Bo Bice (I don't know why, I think I just wanted someone over 22 to win).

3:26 PM, February 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?