Sunday, June 25, 2006

The follow up

I'm not sure that guys in general know the importance of the follow up phone call after a first date. Sure...all dates end with the line, "We should do this again sometime," but you never know if they mean it until the phone call. Personally, I would prefer the phone call while the guy is on his way home from the date, but, from Mr. C, the call came the next afternoon. Not bad....for a guy.

The beginning stages of dating can be exciting yet very nerve wracking. I find myself analyzing every gesture. "What did he mean when he said I looked different from my picture?" "He hasn't called me in 24 hours. Why does he hate me?" Of course, I do this with my friendships in the beginning too. It's the constant pull between "they love me....they love me not." The good news is, this stage doesn't last forever. I eventually gain a sense of security and relax in the fact that I have something to offer in the relationship and apparently the other person sees it too. Oh....and it's also good when I get to the place where I remember, it's NOT all about me. Sometimes when someone doesn't call, they are just busy! Imagine that!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara Z. said...

Yeah, with me it's only lasted a year! :-)

1:39 PM, June 28, 2006  
Blogger Susan B said...

Ha! True...I'm hoping to be thru that stage by the time I see you in August. Maybe it takes longer with long distance friends. If you would just save a seat for ME at the Glen, it would REALLY help!

2:11 PM, June 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?