Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Cat


I'm not sure how this cat thing is going. I mean, I like a pet that is glad to see me when I get home from work....not one that hides. Occasionally Scully will come out of hiding, and she spends about 10 minutes an evening near me for some attention, but that's about it. The rest of the time she hides. The thing about cats is that the relationship is all on their terms. When she needs attention, I have to give it to her, but when I want to be greeted when I get home from work, she is nowhere to be found. Right now she is downstairs meowing loudly, but she won't come upstairs with me and when I try to see what she needs, she hides and even hisses at me. So...how am I supposed to know what she is meowing about? Dog's are much easier to understand. I'm still feeling that sense of grief over not having a dog. I'm not giving up on Scully yet. I think we both need some time. But, if she's going to spend 90 percent of her time in hiding, I'm not sure she is the pet for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara Z. said...

give it least a month!!

9:08 AM, January 23, 2007  
Blogger gonzalel said...

I agree. Most cats come out and play eventually.

3:52 PM, January 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?