Saturday, January 07, 2006

There ought to be a law

The Stock Show is in town. All of the sudden everywhere you look downtown, there are Wrangler jean and cowboy hat clad men. I must tell you, I'm not a big fan of this look. I don't think Wrangler jeans do ANYTHING for a man's tush.

So, yesterday morning, I get off the bus, and I find myself walking next to one of these men. The one thing I'll say for him is that he must be a very law abiding citizen, because if the sign flashed "Don't Walk" he didn't walk....even if there were no cars anywhere in site. Because of this, I ended up walking a little ways in front of him. Next thing I know....I hear this disturbing sound, and I turn to find that it's this man....singing LOUDLY to his headphones. I'm sure it was some horrible country song that I don't even want near my ears. I swear....anyone who thinks this practice is a good idea should really have their own voice fed back into those headphones...just as the outside world hears it. Either that, or they should have a sock shoved in their mouth.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara Z. said...

Now I could have sworn I saw a more recent entry than this somewhere. Where did it go?

2:48 PM, January 17, 2006  
Blogger Susan B said...

Nope....the blog muses have temporarily left me. I'm starting to feel inspired again though....so stay tuned.

11:27 PM, January 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?