Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I didn't dream this....here is proof

I was reading blogs today when I should have been working, and I stumbled across this great blog that some guy did all about East Colfax....my "hood." (I probably shouldn't use that term. It sounds like someone old trying to sound young.) It's a photo blog, and this guy has taken tons of pictures that I wish I had taken of weird things and people around here that I love. One of the weirdest is a guy I had seen on the bus a month or so ago, but when I describe him to people, they can't believe it....and now I've found a photo. <---(You MUST check out the link.) I'm so glad I found the picture, because it gives me the opporunity to tell the story of that night.....which I personally find pretty amusing. And that's what's REALLY important, right?

So....I get on the bus and take my seat near the front, as I usually do. I look up and the first thing I see is the guy in the photo....in his duct tape suit. I try not to stare, but it's pretty hard not to. And, I figure anyone who wears an outfit like that is probably used to people staring. Also seated in the front of the bus are two black ladies and a guy who is past stumbling drunk. I would call him, "Please let me get to where I'm going before I pass out" drunk. He could barely sit up and you can only imagine the aroma. He's kinda talking and laughing with these ladies and he decides to move to sit right next to one of them. You can tell she's not thrilled, but she attempts to continue the frivolities. Finally, she has all she can take of this guy breathing in her face, and she stands up and says, "Maybe Rosa Parks didn't do it.....but I'M moving to the back of the bus!" I found it hilarious, but as I write this, I'm wondering if it's one of those things where "you had to be there."

Anyway....I'm pretty excited about the photo blog. I love to see when other people appreciate the wackiness of where I live.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara Z. said...

That suit actually looks like it might be pretty well constructed! Love the photo blog guy's stuff. You know what he needs? A picture of us at Casa Bonita!

8:53 PM, December 28, 2005  
Blogger Susan B said...

You're right! Casa Bonita is on Colfax! I think I'll e-mail him.
And...as for the duct tape suit, when one of my nieces had some holes in the knees of her pants that were growing quite large, with inspiration from this guy, I taped her pants up, and it did the trick. I wonder if you can machine wash duct tape.

9:02 PM, December 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?