Friday, December 23, 2005

A new Christmas Tradition

Are there any rules against drinking and blogging? I hope not. As I was running errands today, I thought that a night at home with a bottle of wine sounded like a good thing. So, after my stop at Argonaut Liquors, I came home, turned on only the Christmas lights, lit the candles, and opened the wine. Then, in the darkness of my living room, I put on a CD that Steve gave me called Dark Noel, Vol. 1. WOW. It's a compilation of a bunch of Goth bands doing Christmas music. I was ready to hate it when I put it on, but because I love Steve, I knew I had to listen to it. It's actually pretty amazing. It's Christmas music like I've never heard before. So far my favorite song is "Welcome Christmas" from How the Grinch Stole Christmas by a band called Love Spirals Downward. Now that's a song I don't have on any of my other Christmas compilations. What a refreshing change from all the "most wonderful time of the year" stuff. Sometimes I just want to scream when I hear that song. Tomorrow it's fun and family and craziness, but tonight I indulge in a little bit of melancholy. Life is definitely about both....Magic and Loss....as Lou Reed says.

Now, if only I can resist the urge to drink and e-mail. That's ALWAYS a bad idea.

Merry Christmas everyone.....or at least to the two or three of you who read my blog! I really will tell others about it soon. I promise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?