Sunday, March 05, 2006

Peer Pressure

My friend Sara is coming for a visit next weekend, and today, I accomplished the one thing that I had to get done before she comes out. You might think that would be cleaning the house or sprucing up the guest room, but no....it was buying a new cell phone. On Sara's last visit, she totally shamed me over my nearly antique cell phone. I've probably had it for six years or so. I can tell by some of the old numbers I have in there of people I haven't called since then. In cell phone time, six years is an eternity. By the way...Sara is not my only friend who has shamed me over my cell phone. But here's my problem with cell phones, and technology in general. I have this fear that the minute I buy something that they will come out with something better the next day. That is why I have been putting this off. I kept waiting for the next cool thing....and even when a cool thing comes out....I keep thinking the next one will be better....so I wait. This is the reason I haven't bought an Ipod yet. I know, any day, they will come out with a better one. In the meantime....I sit with my antique cell phone and no MP3 player. I wonder if I have commitment issues.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara Z. said...

So that was YOU who texted me! I can't wait to see your phone in person!

8:49 AM, March 06, 2006  
Blogger Susan B said...

Oops....I was suppose to SIGN my text? I told you I was new at this. Okay...now you have to text me back so I can see if I know how to open a text. If you responded already, I guess I don't know how!

9:45 AM, March 06, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one w/o an iPod. I did, however, just by a new phone with VCast (just like an ipod) and a camera, so that eliminates the need to purchase said ipod or digital camera. And it's red!

3:13 PM, March 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?