Monday, February 20, 2006

How Embarrassing

Why is it when something embarrassing happens to you, you feel mortified, but yet, you have the desire to share it with all of cyberspace on your blog? I don't know....but here goes. I've been checking out my friend Anne's Eastern Orthodox church north of Denver. If you've been reading my blog, or if you know me, you know I've been losing weight. I don't wear a lot of dresses to work, which means it's been a while since I've had on a slip. But, for church I put on both. After the long drive from Denver, and a Starbuck's Venti Cappuccino, my first stop at church was the restroom. I came out with coat, purse and scarf in hand and walked the few feet to the sanctuary door. Something didn't feel right, and I looked down to see my slip had fallen around my ankles. My slip was black, as was my skirt and coat, which I dropped in my state of shock. I tried to quickly step out of my slip, and pick it up with my coat. I'm hoping because of all the black fabric that no one noticed anything. At least I'm choosing to believe that no one noticed. Otherwise I don't think I could show my face there again. Guess it's time for a new, smaller slip!

So, it's been a while since I've blogged. Work has been so crazy, and I'm realizing that the best thing about a blog is having something else to do when you really should be working. Unfortunately, I've barely had time to even read my other friend's blogs at work, let alone update my own. Then when I get home from work, I really don't feel like going anywhere near my computer. I just want to veg. It's been so bad that I've even considered getting rid of my high speed internet access at home. The thought passed though. I just don't think you can take that kind of step backwards when dealing with technology. It would be like giving up my DVR!!! THAT is not happening.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara Z. said...

Get rid of high-speed at home??? Were you HIGH? Glad to see you back...

3:23 PM, February 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?