Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Poetry on the bus

RTD has this cool program called Poetry To Go. Basically, a bunch of kids submitted poems, and they picked the best ones and posted them on the ad placards inside the bus. Here's one I saw last night. I love the image of "Green Marbles of Hope." If you want to read more, you can check them out here. Whoever thought of putting poetry on the bus is BRILLIANT!


FLOORSEEDS

On the linoleum of life,
are the Green Marbles of Hope
(Spheres of Thought
and Pearls of Wisdom)
Slip on them,
and you break your nose
or
you break your fears
into pieces.

FLOORSEEDS
by Dylan Craine, age 16
Denver School of the Arts

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, that's by my brother...
awesome. Glad that these poems are getting around. I have one too...

1:49 PM, May 10, 2007  
Blogger Susan B said...

I really like your brother's poetry. I'll have to look for yours. Or post it here. I'd love to read it. I couldn't find it on the website anymore.

4:21 PM, May 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?