Monday, December 19, 2005

Ping Pong Balls Part 2

Remember that "food" ping pong ball that I thought I had under control in the last post? Do you suppose my stopping by Dairy Queen for a Blizzard when it was 15 degrees out might be a sign that it popped back up? I could barely hold the cup, my hands were so cold....but I still ate it. Guess I just needed some comfort from an old friend. Oh well....back on the wagon today. That's the important thing.

In other news.....I had a lovely time at Scott's new place on Friday night. Steve, Anne, and I were invited over for cocktails. Upon entering, if felt like we just stepped back in time to a very mod pad from the 60's. It was decorated impeccably, with no details forgotten....right down to the percolator for coffee. When was the last time you had coffee made from a percolator? It was very fun and Scott was a fantastic host.

In still OTHER news......the shoes worked out fine for the Nutcracker outfit....except they were not exactly made for warmth. My feet were FREEZING! But we had a good time nonetheless. I took four of my little nieces ages 8, 10, 10, and 12. After the Nutcracker, we went to Buca Di Beppo, and were lucky enough to score the kitchen table without reservations! That NEVER happens. The girls had a fun time saying "ciao" to everyone that walked by. Then...even though we were SOOO cold, I took them for a horse drawn carriage ride. We shivered, sang Christmas Carols, and shouted "Merry Christmas" to everyone we saw. Then, back to my place for movies and a slumber party. I believe I can state that a good time was had by all.....especially me. I just hope the bags under my eyes don't show too much today.

Now...if only I had a weekend to recover from my weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I wish I had a cool aunt like you! Oh, and cold feet are unfortunately a trade off for cute shoes. Sorry.

1:34 PM, December 19, 2005  
Blogger Sara Z. said...

Hm about the Blizzard. I know the feeling, and it's the time of year, too. But I think you should buy another pair of shoes instead. You can always return them. Unlike the Blizzard.

8:00 PM, December 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?