Thursday, December 15, 2005

Ping Pong Balls

I have an addictive personality. I like the analogy of addictions being like ping pong balls in a pool. You might be able to hold down a few at a time, but usually another one pops up somewhere. Mostly my "drug" of choice has been food, but for the time being, I have that one under control. I've lost 75 lbs and counting. So, now that I'm doing pretty well keeping the food ball under water, the spending ball is popping up. My Visa bill was a bit shocking this month. I attribute it to Christmas. Not that I'm buying that many presents, but just that I get caught up in the spending frenzy. Don't get me wrong....I'm not behind on any bills or anything. It's just that my bank account is not where I like it to be. I was thinking that I really should start trying to get THIS ball back under water, but as I was driving to Best Buy tonight to pick up my new laptop, I decided to stop at DSW Shoes. Ever since I saw Nickel Creek a couple of weeks ago, I've been wanting a cute pair of brown boots like the woman in the band wore. They didn't have the boots I wanted, so instead I found the cutest little pair of flats that match the outfit I'm wearing to the Nutcracker this weekend PERFECTLY! So, I decided to pull the credit card out once more. I partly blame...or credit...my new friend SLC Urban Princess. When I met her on Sunday, she had the cutest embellished flats on. I was going to go buy the same ones (with her permission of course), but instead, I got these that were inspired by her shoes. Note the black velvet on the shoes that match the black velvet jacket....and the salmon flowers in the shoes matching the salmon camisole top. And they are flat so that my feet don't get tired traipsing all around town with my little nieces. It just doesn't get much better than this! I just hope I remember this feeling when I get next month's Visa bill.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Those are FABULOUS shoes! I so approve. I wish we had a DSW here...actually, maybe it's a good thing we don't. For my sake.

8:46 AM, December 16, 2005  
Blogger Susan B said...

Yeah....DSW is pretty cool. I could have come home with a lot more shoes. I almost bought one pair just because I liked the box. How sad is that? It had some saying all over it about being free to feel your feelings. Sounded like good advice. Anyway...thanks for commenting on my blog. I think you're the only one who reads it. Maybe I'll soon be brave enough to tell others it exists!

9:17 AM, December 16, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sure Sara reads it. Let me tell you something...I'm a marketers dream. Pretty packaging as been the reason for numerous purchases, so I totally understand the neat shoe box purchase.

9:28 AM, December 16, 2005  
Blogger Sara Z. said...

Um, Sara only started reading it this very second, 7:57 p.m. on Monday, because Sara didn't know it existed! Now Sara is going to have to scold Susan! Trust me, NO ONE likes to be scolded by Sara! Especially me!

7:58 PM, December 19, 2005  
Blogger Susan B said...

Oh PLEASE no scolding! I didn't exactly tell anyone about the blog because it got off to a bit of a slow start. I was waiting until it was REALLY good! I guess I must have mentioned it to Sarah, or else she just checked it from my posting on YOUR blog. I figured anyone who was as good of an Internet detective as you, would figure out I had a blog without me telling them!

8:20 PM, December 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?