Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Books and Coffee

They opened a new Starbucks in my building yesterday. Apparently, the one 75 yards across the street was just too inconvenient to get to for some people. I've been watching them put the place together and train employees, and I've noticed one pretty cute guy among the mix. I've already begun to think of him as MY barista. I hope we will have a long and happy relationship.

So, I was on Sara's blog yesterday, and saw that she added this little Library Thing to her site. I thought it was great, so of course, I began logging nearly every book I own....or at least every book that I'll ADMIT to owning. The sad part is, I think I've only read a fraction of these books. My problem is that reading puts me to sleep. I'll start to read, and before I know it, I'm nodding off. I must figure out a way to overcome this problem because all of the sudden I feel this desperate need to read everything in my library. I think I have some pretty good stuff, although I must admit that some of it feels like it came from a former life. I don't think I'm the same person I was when I bought many of these books, but I listed them anyway. If nothing else, it shows the history of where I've been, and maybe even gives a glimpse into where I hope to go.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara Z. said...

Doing the Library Thing thing reminds me how much I used to read, how much more I want to read, and how I want to re-read old favorites.

1:14 PM, December 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?