Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The 15 bus

I ride an interesting bus to and from work. You don't just get your average business commuter.....but you literally get ALL kinds. When I started this blog, I imagined I'd come home every night and write about my amusing bus anecdotes. But of course, then it seems I hit a dry spell. Or else, I've just gotten so used to the insanity that it doesn't seem noteworthy. So tonight, FINALLY I have a story. A young woman gets on the bus and sits near the front next to an older man who looks like he's been sucking a lemon. She turns to him to ask him the time, but he doesn't even acknowledge her existence.....so...she asks him again. He still stares straight ahead. Finally another woman nearby tells her what time it is. Then the first woman begins to explain that she has a watch (which she then shows) but the crystal fell off of it, so she super-glued the hands on so she wouldn't lose them. Now...what a surprise....it doesn't keep the correct time! (But she still wears it!!) (No...you can't make this stuff up.) Then I guess, she assumed that the woman who gave her the time cared to hear even more about her life, so she began to explain why she was carrying this very large Christmas bell, with a big red bow on it, which she referred to as a cow bell. She said she bought it for her friend's girlfriend. She doesn't really like this girl, but she felt obligated to get a gift....so she got her this "cow bell" which was on sale at the nearby thrift store. Then, just before she gets up to exit the bus, she says, "She's not fat or anything.....she's just a bitch!"

Gotta love the 15.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?